Home Insurance Show all


Our home insurance is designed to meet your needs for contents insurance, building insurance or both. We cover more than just your home, offering personal liability protection to cover for injury on your property or property damage caused by you.

Flexible Cover
Need a simple home coverage or one that covers your special possessions or extra valuables? MSIG’s Home Insurance plan is highly customisable, so you are free to pick and choose the elements that are most important to you.

Free Personal Liability Cover
Wherever you may be, we protect you with free personal liability cover of up to $1 million.

24/7 Helpline
We offer you round-the-clock support for home emergencies, electrician and plumber referrals, and even locksmith assistance.

Claims Made Easy
Save time by submitting your property or liability insurance claim online! We keep our process as simple as possible to bring your claim to a fair settlement.


Note: Section 1 and/or 2 must be purchased first. Sections 3 and 4 are then optional.

* Excess of $100 each and every claim.

^ If any article forms part of a pair or set suite, group or collection, colour, pattern or design, we will pay only for the value of the article and not for any higher value the article may have as part of a pair or set suite, group or collection, colour, pattern or design.

+ Excludes contact lenses, handphones and pagers.

++ Excludes money, credit cards, contact lenses, handphones, pagers and portable computers.

This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please visit MSIG, GIA or SDIC.


Minimum Premium : $85.60 per policy (inclusive of 7% GST)


Home Contents

1. If I have a HDB fire policy or Fire Mortgage insurance with my bank, do I need to buy separate home insurance coverage?

The cover effected under the HDB fire policy or your Mortgage Fire insurance usually relates to the building structures, permanent fixtures and fittings only. Your home contents and personal belongings may not be covered. Home Insurance provides this cover plus optional covers such as Special Possessions and liability to your domestic maids.

2. What is the definition of "Buildings"?

"Buildings" refer to the structure of your private residence including: outbuildings used for domestic purposes, decorative finishes, swimming pools, tennis hard courts, garden walls, patios, terraces, hedges, fences, gates, paths and drives

3. What is the definition of "Home Contents"?

"Home Contents" refer to household items of furniture, furnishings, home appliances, personal computers, books, toys, clothing and other movable personal belongings including valuables.

4. How much should I insure for Buildings and Home Contents?

For Buildings, the sum to be insured should be the cost of rebuilding the buildings at the time of the loss or damage. It should be not less than the full cost of replacement without allowance for wear and tear or depreciation

For Home Contents, the sum to be insured should reflect the cost of replacing the insured property to its original condition (or its equivalent) at the time just before the damage. If the Sum Insured does not represent the full value as new at the time of the loss or damage, then your claim will be adjusted for any wear and tear or depreciation.

5. Can you explain what is accidental loss or damage?

This refers to loss or damage caused by fire, theft, flood and any accidental cause so long it is not excluded under this insurance.

6. What are "Valuables"?

"Valuables" are jewellery, watches, furs, curios, works of art, antiques, stamps and coin collections and other collectable property, manuscripts, medals, items of gold, silver or other precious metals or precious stones.

7. Are the personal belongings of my domestic maid covered under Home Insurance?

The Home Contents section provides cover of up to $500 for personal effects such as clothing and personal items belonging to your domestic maid who is permanently living with you.

8. There are 4 different covers offered under Home Insurance. Can I choose the type of cover I want?

You have to first purchase either the Home Contents and/or the Buildings covers, after which the optional covers are at your choice. The Personal Liability cover is automatically granted free of charge with the Home Contents cover.

9. How do I make a claim?

Please contact our Claims Department as soon as possible of the happening of any event giving rise or likely to give rise to a claim and completing a Claim form to facilitate the claim process. Written proof of the accident such as police report, invoices and all supporting documents must be furnished as proof of claim.


You May Need


MotorMax Plus

Comprehensive protection to keep your car on the sunny side of the road.



Take the hassle off your mind with MaidPlus.

Featured Stories