You can help us to expedite your claim by providing the required documents promptly.
Supporting Documents For Accident Claim
|1. Original completed claim form||
|2. Original medical bills/receipts||
|3. Medical certificates, if applicable||
|4. Medical Report/Discharge Summary||
|5. Police Report, if applicable||
|6. Death Certificate and Letters of Administration/Probate, if applicable||
|7. Coroner’s findings/Post Mortem Report/Toxicological Report, if applicable||
|8. Documentary proof of relationship between deceased and claimant, if applicable||
We will contact you for any additional documents that may be required.
1. If I choked on a fish ball/fish bone and consulted a doctor, can I submit a claim?
Yes, you may submit a claim if you suffer bodily injury caused solely by accident.
2. If I were stung by a bee/bitten by a dog or snake, can I submit a claim?
Yes, we will pay for the medical treatment for an injury caused solely by bites or stings.
3. If I were injured in a natural disaster, can my family members or myself submit a claim?
Yes, our ProtectionPlus insurance covers natural disasters. Please refer to the Policy’s Exclusion list for conditions not covered under the policy.
4. If I met with an accident 1 day before my policy cancellation date, can I submit a claim?
Yes, you may submit a claim for accidents occurring within the period of insurance. However, some benefits under the policy may be capped as a result of the policy cancellation. Please read your policy documents or contact us for assistance.
5. If I met with an accident and would like to consult a specialist, do I need a referral letter before claiming for the specialist consultation?
If your policy covers medical expenses, we will pay for the medical, surgical, hospital fees or charges necessarily and reasonably incurred to treat an injury, provided that such fees or charges are required for professional services from a physician and/or at a hospital prescribed by such physician.
We will assess specialist consultations without referral on a case-by-case basis.
6. If I have follow-up consultations, can I submit my personal accident claims after all my consultations are completed?
Please notify us in writing of the accident with full details of any injury immediately or as soon as reasonably possible.
If your follow-up treatments can be completed within 1 month, please accumulate all the receipts/medical leave and submit them together.
7. If my leg is amputated as a result of an accident, can I claim for a prosthetic leg and the rental of a wheelchair?
No, the cost to purchase a prosthetic leg and rental of wheelchair is not covered under the policy.
8. Can I claim for a consultation with a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioner for an accidental injury?
Please refer to your policy documents as each policy provides a different TCM coverage.
Generally, ProtectionPlus pays for necessary and reasonable treatment expenses incurred up to S$75 per consultation per day, provided that these fees and charges are supported by receipts from a licensed or registered Chinese Physician/ Chiropractor.