Notify Relevant Parties
- If there are injuries, dial 995 for an ambulance or 999 for the police. Do not remove the vehicles unless you need to rescue the injured parties. Move your vehicle to the side if no one is injured.
- If you require further advice on the accident, please call our 24-hour helpline at +65 6827 7660.
- Take photographs of the accident scene and damaged vehicles. You may approach any of our authorised workshops for assistance to download the photographs.
- Exchange information and particulars of driver/owner, including name, NRIC/FIN, telephone number, email address, insurer and policy number. Note down the vehicle registration number and vehicle details.
- Note down the name, address and contact number of any eye-witness(es).
- Avoid all unauthorised tow-truck operators or repair workshops.
- Do not admit liability.
Note: If you would like to request a vehicle pre-repair inspection, please email us here. We will arrange for the inspection and contact you accordingly.
- File a police report under the following circumstances:
- injury case (medical leave of 3 days or more)
- hit-and-run case
- any accident involving:
- damage to government vehicle
- damage to government property
- foreign vehicle
- pedestrian, cyclist or Personal Mobility Device (PMD) user
- Report your accident and bring your accident vehicle (regardless of the extent of damage) to our authorised workshops within 24 hours or by the next working day. If you do not comply with this requirement, you may lose your No Claims Discount (NCD) (all or part) during your policy renewal and your rights to claim under the policy may also be affected. Note: With effect from 15 February 2021, all IDAC (Independent Damage Assessment Centre) will cease its accident reporting services for MSIG.
- If you are claiming your own policy, you may request any of our authorised workshops to submit a quotation for repairs to us. You need to decide if you are claiming for your own damage repair and the claim needs to be submitted within 14 days of occurrence or discovery of damage.
- If you are making a third-party claim at our authorised workshops, an estimate will be prepared, and the third party insurer will be invited to survey your vehicle within 2 working days (from date of accident).
- If you are using your own workshop, please ensure that you contact the third party insurer for the pre-repair survey before commencing repairs. This will ensure that your claim will not be prejudiced.
You can help us to expedite your claim by providing the required documents promptly.
We will contact you for any additional documents that may be required.