Motor Insurance Claims
Notify Relevant Parties
- If there are injuries, dial 995 for an ambulance or 999 for the police. Do not remove the vehicles unless you need to rescue the injured parties. Move your vehicle to the side if no one is injured.
- If you require further advice on the accident, please call our 24-hour helpline at +65 6827 7660.
- Take photographs of the accident scene and damaged vehicles. You may approach any of our authorised workshops for assistance to download the photographs.
- Exchange information and particulars of driver/owner, including name, NRIC/FIN, telephone number, email address, insurer and policy number. Note down the vehicle registration number and vehicle details.
- Note down the name, address and contact number of any eye-witness(es).
- Avoid all unauthorised tow-truck operators or repair workshops.
- Do not admit liability.
- File a police report under the following circumstances:
- injury case (medical leave of 3 days or more)
- hit-and-run case
- any accident involving:
- damage to government vehicle
- damage to government property
- foreign vehicle
- pedestrian, cyclist or Personal Mobility Device (PMD) user
- Report your accident and bring your accident vehicle (regardless of the extent of damage) to our authorised workshops within 24 hours or by the next working day. If you do not comply with this requirement, you may lose your No Claims Discount (NCD) (all or part) during your policy renewal and your rights to claim under the policy may also be affected. Note: With effect from 15 February 2021, all IDAC (Independent Damage Assessment Centre) will cease its accident reporting services for MSIG.
- If you are claiming your own policy, you may request any of our authorised workshops to submit a quotation for repairs to us. You need to decide if you are claiming for your own damage repair and the claim needs to be submitted within 14 days of occurrence or discovery of damage.
- If you are making a third-party claim at our authorised workshops, an estimate will be prepared, and the third party insurer will be invited to survey your vehicle within 2 working days (from date of accident).
- If you are making a third-party claim against a Singapore insurer at our authorised workshop, an estimate will be prepared, and the third party insurer will be invited to survey your vehicle within 2 working days. For accidents involving Malaysian registered vehicles and /or insurer, you are advised to claim under your own insurance policy. Please visit the General Insurance Association (GIA) website for more information on claiming against a foreign motorist.
Please take your vehicle to our authorised workshop to lodge an accident report and submit a claim. Please bring along the required documents to the workshop for us to expedite your claim promptly.
We will contact you for any additional documents that may be required.
Please send your vehicle to any of our windscreen specialists or contact them for assistance.
They will provide you with a Windscreen Claim Form to complete.
Cheng Auto Bodyworks
5 Soon Lee Street, #01-62
Tel: +65 6631 0707
Glass-Fix Pte Ltd (Mobile Windscreen Repairs & Replacement)
1 Bukit Batok Crescent, #08-48
Tel: +65 6278 0887
Glass-Fix Pte Ltd (Mobile Windscreen Repairs & Replacement)
52 Ubi Ave 3, #04-42
Frontier E Park @ Ubi
Tel: +65 6278 0887
Note: Only broken windscreens are payable. Chipped or scratched windscreens are not claimable for windscreen claims. Windscreen excess will be waived if the windscreen is repaired instead of replaced.
The Motor Claim Forms are no longer in use. Please go to any authorised workshop to report an accident. With effect from 15 February 2021, all IDAC (Independent Damage Assessment Centre) will cease its accident reporting services for MSIG.
Please make a police report at the nearest police station within 24 hours when:
- An injury is involved (medical leave of 3 days or more)
- A government vehicle or property is damaged (E.g. Police car, traffic light, lamppost and road divider.)
- A foreign vehicle is involved
- A pedestrian, cyclist or Personal Mobility Device (PMD) user is involved
- It is a “hit-and-run” case
Please exchange particulars including insurance details with the party/parties involved and make a police report in Malaysia.
Please drive your vehicle back to any authorised workshop in Singapore for damage assessment and repairs.
If you require towing services, please call our authorised workshops or 24-hour Roadside Assistance at +65 6337 1208 for assistance. Our partners will arrange for a Malaysian counterpart to tow your vehicle to the Causeway where our authorised workshop will take over the towing of your vehicle.
Alternatively, you may arrange for your own towing services and submit the towing receipts for reimbursement under your comprehensive motor insurance policy of up to S$500.
Please make a police report and submit a copy of the report to any of our authorised workshops for accident reporting. With effect from 15 February 2021, all IDAC (Independent Damage Assessment Centre) will cease its accident reporting services for MSIG.
In the event of a fire, please send the damaged vehicle to our authorised workshops for damage assessment and repairs.
Please send or tow your vehicle to an authorised workshop to report the accident and have your damaged vehicle assessed and repaired.
If your vehicle is damaged by a fallen tree, please take photographs of the fallen tree to capture any decay as well as the general position to determine the locality of the tree. Please submit these photographs to the authorised workshop when you make the accident report.
Note: NCD will be affected and policy excess is applicable for all own damage claim as a result of flood and/or fallen tree.
No, the comprehensive motor insurance policy provides cover for accident-related repairs only. If your tyres are damaged in an accident with other parts of the vehicle damaged, the vehicle repairs and tyre replacement will be covered.
Please check your policy documents as the cover differs between policies.
Generally, the comprehensive motor insurance policy covers broken or smashed windows as part of the windscreen coverage. It also covers standard car accessories.
Third Party Claim
Please do not reply to the third party lawyer.
If the letter is addressed/copied to us, you do not need to do anything. Otherwise, please send or email a copy of the letter to us.
Please write down the date and time you received the Writ of Summons and your vehicle number and send a copy (via fax, email or hand) to us immediately.
Please note that we will need to respond within 8 days from the date you received the Writ of Summons.
If you have any other evidence such as witness statement, video footage or police investigation results, please submit these items to us.
If you would like to handle the claim from third party on your own (without involving your insurance policy), please contact the claims officer in the letter.
Otherwise, there is no further action needed from you and we will handle the Third Party claim accordingly.
No, we will not allow partial or full reversion/submission of claims beyond 14 days from the date of accident/discovery of loss.
No, we do not allow partial or full reversion/submission of claims. If the liability is unclear, we advise you to check with your claims officer for advice.
No Claim Discount (NCD)
Your NCD will be affected when there is a claim (own damage and/or third party claim) made under your policy. NCD may also be affected for late reporting or in anticipation of a claim.
If you have more than one claim made during a policy year, your entire NCD will be removed.
Your NCD will be protected for the first claim arising out of the same accident made during the period of insurance. If you have more than one claim arising out of different accidents, your NCD for the subsequent claims will be affected.
Note: Your NCD may still be reduced for late reporting with NCD Protector.
Your NCD will be reinstated if you have:
- Recovered at least 80% of your uninsured losses claim (policy excess, loss of use/rental and incidental expenses) from the Third Party Insurer
- A documented and signed private settlement with the other party (i.e. without claiming from any insurance company for Own Damage/Third Party claims)
- A written confirmation from Third Party that they are not submitting a claim
Please submit the following documents:
- Third Party Discharge Voucher signed by you
- Offer letter from Third Party Insurer showing the details of settlement
- Private settlement note signed by both parties
- Written confirmation from Third Party that no claims will be submitted