When you join MSIG, you become part of our family, and a valued member of the industry, where your work will contribute to the greater good.
We believe in fostering a positive corporate spirit that uplifts our people. We celebrate achievements together, bond over fun staff activities and meaningful community work. We respect different ways of thinking, and welcome diversity with opportunities for talents from other industries to join us.
Here at MSIG, we help our people become the best they can be by encouraging them to take full ownership of their learning and development. We offer financial support for employees to acquire insurance qualifications, and opportunities for bright minds to move across functions, and gain international exposure through our Global Trainee Program and Secondment to headquarters.
Health & wellness
We care about our staff's welfare and needs. Our employees are empowered to spend their benefits according to their lifestyle. They range from health-related allowances for dental, optical and TCM, to holiday and childcare subsidies for the family-oriented, and personal interest benefits such as gym subscriptions or self-improvement pursuits.
Juggling the demands of a career and personal life is no easy feat. We help our staff's children appreciate their parents' careers with our 'Bring your Child to Work' program. On top of the annual leave, our employees enjoy pro-family leave benefits such as shared parental leave, paternity leave and childcare leave. Time-off is also offered in recognition of staff who are active volunteers in CSR activities.
Our people are our most valuable asset which is why we are fully invested in them. MSIG is always on the lookout for talented individuals who are committed to doing their best to contribute to the organisation and bring value to the community through their work.
"People are very nice here – and it’s the little things that make a difference."
"I like that people here are not just sitting at their desks and facing computers all day. Everyone is moving, discussing and it is a dynamic environment."
"We take pride in our people. And the fact that we’re always looking towards growing together with our people – that’s important too."
"MSIG has a good vision, and we’re always looking at more ways to grow our business through new product lines and investing in our people. It’s wonderful that people are taking up leadership positions, and I fully endorse our talent management efforts like the Career Discovery Programme."
"My bosses have been supportive, and the open culture at MSIG means I can seek help from colleagues whenever I face any difficulties."
"It’s the people. There will always be hardships, unsatisfied customers and stressful days. How I overcome it is with the support of my bosses, colleagues and the people around me."
"Singapore is a great country to work in. My colleagues are helpful and we support each other. Being able to learn something new every day is why I joined MSIG Singapore and, so far, I’m really enjoying it."
- Claims Services
- Corporate Communications
- Digital Transformation
- Policy Processing
- Develop and grow the business portfolio to support Bank as a distribution channel
- Develop new products and marketing initiatives
- Provide professional services and support to new and existing businesses
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Tertiary qualification and/or professional insurance qualifications
- Certificate in General Insurance (BCP/PGI) and Cert HI
- Good underwriting knowledge and communication skills
- Handle and process overall Motor Claims - property damage and bodily injury
- Review claim files including setting of reserves, assignment of solicitors, surveyors and investigators as necessary
- Complaints handling
- Supervise, mentor and coach junior staff
- Tertiary qualification or professional qualifications in General Insurance
- Minimum 3 years' relevant experience in handling general insurance claims
- Handle enquiries and correspondence of property & casualty claims, including complaints
- Investigate and negotiate on property & casualty claims
- Decide and instruct on appointment of service providers
- Decide and instruct on reserve provision
- Handle claims recoveries
- Advise customers on loss prevention
- Review claim files including setting of reserves and monitoring of recoveries
- Tertiary qualification or professional qualifications in General Insurance
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in handling General Insurance claims
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Conduct surveys and assess damages to motor vehicles
- Verify and compare the actual damage to vehicles with estimates
- Review and adjust the cost of repairs and finalize estimates
- Put up survey and statistical reports
- Check accident vehicles after repair
- Assist in recovery actions
- Minimum Diploma
- Relevant qualifications in general insurance
- Minimum 3-5 years of motor surveying experience
- Handle daily media monitoring
- Assist in photography and videography efforts
- Contribute to corporate website management, updates and enhancements
- Support social media content management on LinkedIn
- Monitor the closure of customer feedback from social media
- Contribute content to employee communications
- Edit collaterals as required according to brand guidelines
- Work as part of the Corporate Communications and Branding team
- ‘A’ Levels or Diploma with keen interest in branding and corporate communications
- Good writing and communication skills
- Digitally-savvy and has a creative mind
- Knowledge of Indesign and Photoshop preferred
- Manage digital projects and Insurance enhancement projects
- Collation and analysis of user requirements, develop business requirements document and facilitate discussions with various parties
- Drive digital and innovation initiatives / programmes
- Execute Customer Experience Management programmes and projects
- Manage and resolve conflicting requirements
- Track and coordinate the follow-up of issues raised by users, regional IT and vendor, to achieve resolution of all issues
- Support UAT process
- Apply a change management process and tools to create and drive adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Tertiary qualification, preferably business related
- Project Management certification preferred
- Managing digital projects
- Assessing and managing project risks
- Working with cross functional teams
- Interaction with and influencing people at all levels
- To provide a friendly and helpful frontline to handle the initial interaction between our customers and our company
- To assist superiors in all general clerical duties
- To attend to all incoming calls and enquiries
- To receive and follow-up on mails and faxes and distribute to respective Person-In-Charge
- To assist in forwarding instructions to Policy Processing Department for policies / endorsements issuance and monitor the documents flow
- To prepare Renewal log
- To assist superiors in any duty that may be assigned from time to time
- To perform any other duties assigned by Head of Department or Management
- Minimum GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ level
- Admin experience in Insurance industry
- Lead the SAP reconciliation team
- Oversee the SAP reconciliations
- Perform preliminary checks on variances before logging as defect
- Follow-up with SAP Systems department to rectify the defects
- Assess the impact and implications on the solutions and fixes propose by SAP consultants for the defect logs
- Conduct UAT on SAP reports to ensure data accuracy and report layout are as per requirement
- Review the End-to-End results of SAP UAT
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent accounting qualification
- At least 5 years in Accounting/ Audit, with good understanding of operations
- Support Finance HOD on IFRS 17 implementation
- Support the Finance HOD /Senior Managers on finance operations and business planning
- Quarterly analysis on industry performance
- Undertake any other finance related duties as may be assigned
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in accounting
- Auditing experience
- Support HOD on finance operations and projects including implementation of new IFRS
- Manage finance operations in areas of processes improvements and provide support to internal departments
- Provide industry performance analysis and financial modelling
- Assist in annual business plan
- Supervision and mentoring of finance staff
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulatory provisions and group policies as are relevant to the role
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in general insurance
- Auditing experience
- Issue official receipts for all incoming payments and analyse payments received against the outstanding balances including processing of credit card charges
- Generate daily cheque listings for banking
- Maintain the daily bank balance records
- Attend to enquiries from clients and intermediaries
- Assist to follow up on outstanding payment matters
- Perform sorting, filing and dispatch duties
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ level
- Competent in the use of MS Excel
- Maintain service standards to customers by ensuring the accuracy of policy documentation
- To meet document turnaround and stipulated timelines
- Participate in the process of management system
- Strive to improve efficiency of operations and effectiveness of work procedures
- Support in policy documentation and other related administrative duties
- Minimum GCE 'O' Level
- Candidates with policy processing experience will be advantageous
- Proficient in MS office applications
Meet some of our scholars here!
"Insurance constantly evolves with emerging trends. Taking up this scholarship lets me pursue a career in an organisation at the forefront of this exciting and ever-changing industry."
"The MSIG scholarship gives me the opportunity to explore various departments in the insurance sector, receive valuable advice and guidance from my colleagues and build my career around my interests and skills."
"What encouraged me to take up this scholarship is the possibility of an exciting career path combined with a wide array of opportunities MSIG provides."
MSIG scholarship is offered to Year 2 to Year 4 undergraduates. Successful applicants need to fulfill a minimum GPA every year for scholarship renewal. You will be required to serve a one-year bond for every year of sponsored studies.
- Singapore citizen
- Completed at least two semesters of undergraduate studies and have not embarked on final year of study at the point of application
- Excellent academic credentials (GPA of 4 & above)
- Good co-curricular activities record
- Strong leadership qualities
- Not in receipt of any other scholarships
Fields of study
- Actuarial Studies
- Business Analytics
- Business Management
- Communications & New Media
- Design & Environment
- Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences
- Information & Communications Technology
- Maritime Studies
- Risk Management & Insurance
Interested to find out more? Refer to our FAQs.
What is the objective of the scholarship?
The key objective of the scholarship is to attract young undergraduates who are interested in carving out a career in the General Insurance industry. They will join the pipeline of talents for our Graduate Trainee Program.
When was the scholarship launched?
The scholarship was launched on 1 April 2014.
Does the scholarship carry a bond?
There is a one-year bond with every year of sponsored studies. The scholarship supports Year 2 to Year 4 studies. In other words, the bond period will vary between 1 to 3 years.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
The scholarship is open for application from 15 January to 31 March every year. The application form is available for download on our website www.msig.com.sg.
What is the minimum CGPA if my university has a 4-point grading system?
In a 4-point grading system, the minimum CGPA is 3.6. If the university has a different grading system, we will adjust the minimum CGPA criteria based on the classification of Magna Cum Laude or Upper Second Class Honours.
Am I eligible to apply if I am into my final semester of studies?
No, we regret that we are unable to consider your application if you are into your final semester of studies as the scholarship is tenable for at least one full year of study. We will like to encourage you to submit a job application to us instead.
Am I eligible if I currently hold a bursary or bond-free scholarship with the university?
No, at the point of application, you must not be a recipient of any bursary or scholarship, regardless of whether it is bonded or bond-free, as we want to allow more students to benefit from the Scholarship program.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
It is your choice to apply for scholarships offered by other organizations but you must not hold any scholarship at the point of application to MSIG Singapore.
Are you only open to undergraduates pursuing specific fields of study?
We are open to other fields of study as long as the candidate is interested to carve out a career in the General Insurance industry and meet our selection criteria.
If I do not have any CCA, will I still be considered for the scholarship?
We are looking for well-rounded candidates. If you do not have any CCA, we will look at your personal achievements in other non-academic areas.
What is the selection process like?
The application closes on 31st March. After we have reviewed all the applications, we will notify the shortlisted candidates by email, latest by mid April. There will be a preliminary selection round followed by an interview with our senior management members. Successful candidates will be offered the scholarship by end June.
Can I appeal if my application is rejected?
No, the decision by the selection committee is final.
What qualities are you looking for in the interview?
We are looking for candidates who have the ambition and want to carve out a career in the General Insurance industry. Aside from good grades and CCA records, we will also assess on the candidate’s leadership qualities and interpersonal skills.
Do I need to provide any character referee?
Yes we will need you to provide at least 2 character referees who are not your next of kin. One of them must be your professor who is able to give an objective and in-depth assessment of your leadership qualities and academic performance.
If I was rejected after the selection process in previous years, will I be considered if I reapply?
Yes, you may reapply if you fulfill our scholarship criteria.
What is the length of the internship period and is it compulsory?
We recommend a minimum of 10 weeks for the internship as it is a necessary experience to prepare the scholar prior to joining our company. The scholar needs to fulfill a one-time internship during the period of his/her sponsored studies.
What is the internship program like?
During the internship, you will be assigned to a department or functional unit and may also work on specific projects to grow your experience. A stipend will be given during your internship stint.
When do I have to start my employment with the company?
Your employment with MSIG will commence on 1st July each year.
What is the career path for a scholar joining your company?
In the first year, you will learn about the different aspects of our business. This will help you gain a broader perspective and decide on the career track you wish to follow later on. We will work with you to chart out a comprehensive career plan and groom you to take on higher responsibilities through overseas exposure and leadership programs.
What does the scholarship pay for?
We will sponsor your undergraduate studies which will be capped at S$15,000 per annum.
Can I accept your scholarship but subsequently decline?
You may withdraw after accepting the offer if the scholarship agreement has not been signed, or if signed, before disbursement of the scholarship. However you will need to pay an administrative fee of S$500 in such circumstances. By submitting your application, you agree to this term and condition.
Our 2019 scholarship cycle has closed. We welcome your application when our next cycle opens in January 2020.
Our strong credit rating and business strength ensures your customers receive the financial protection and security they desire.
We offer one of widest product range and are able tailor make insurance solutions so you can fulfill your customers’ needs.
We are continually innovating our products to meet the changing needs and ensure your customers are protected against emerging risks.
We share your vision to render the best for customers. From policy issuance to claims settlement, you can expect a seamless service that’s delivered as quickly as possible.
We place our heart in everything we do, providing personal touch to every need and enquiry. A team of experienced account handlers will support you in all your insurance matters, avoiding the hassle of liaising with different parties.
We make buying easy; from pre-priced solutions to self-help platform so you can manage transactions with ease.
We give you the knowledge and confidence when you join us as a new agent. You will undergo a thorough orientation on our products and underwriting requirements, and will be assigned a dedicated account handler who will support every step of the way.
You become a recognised expert through learning and development with us. We host regular technical training from products to claims handling, and invite experts to share knowledge on legal and compliance issues to industry matters.
- At least 18 years old
- Singaporean or PR or foreigner holding a valid work permit or Employment Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower and
- Minimum 3 GCE ‘O’ level or the Basic Competency Examination Certificate awarded by the Singapore College of Insurance
- Company must be registered with the Registrar of Companies and Businesses
- Minimum paid-up capital of S$25,000 at time of application and currently maintaining the same except Sole Proprietor and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP)
- Certificate of General Insurance (CGI), or
- Basic Insurance Concepts & Principles (BCP) & Personal General Insurance (PGI) and Commercial General Insurance (ComGI)
- Health Insurance (HI) - if any
$53.50 annually (inclusive of 7% GST), payable to "MSIG Insurance"
$107.00 annually (inclusive of 7% GST), payable to "MSIG Insurance"
"MSIG has been understanding, supportive, flexible and accommodating without compromising their underwriting and risk exposure. Its encouraging staff and management are ready to lend a listening ear to see how we can secure new business and keep current businesses in the portfolio."
"My overall experience with MSIG has been excellent. Despite a few disagreements, we eventually resolved these issues and our relationship has become stronger thanks to the trust and faith MSIG has in its business partners."
"The one thing that MSIG continues to impress with is its claims philosophy - how we can help our customers. It is an admirable philosophy and I believe is what sets it apart from its competitors."
"I'd strongly recommend anyone keen to become an MSIG agent to do so as it is a good company to work with. I've even recommended friends in the industry to work for MSIG."